Each player shall be responsible for being acquainted with the rules and conditions of play.
USGA rules shall govern all play and shall be supplemented by
the LVMC Local Rules and Conditions of play.
- Out-of-Bounds is defined by the inside edges at ground level of:
- White stakes along the left side of holes #1 and #2 fairways
- All perimeter fence posts
- Driving range fence posts
- Declared Immovable Obstructions: White stakes defining the out-of-bounds on hole #1 are declared to be immovable obstructions while playing any hole other than hole #1 when they are considered out-of-bounds markers. The stakes must not be moved. The player gets relief without penalty for stance and swing only.
- Ground Under Repair: is designated by white lines, white stakes or roped stakes encircling the area. Relief may be taken under Rule 25-1, Abnormal Ground Conditions. Drop without penalty within one club length from the nearest point of relief no nearer the hole.
- Embedded Ball: Through the green, a ball that is embedded in its own pitch mark in the ground may be lifted, cleaned and dropped as near as possible to where it lay but not nearer the hole.
- Edging Grooves: If a ball lies on an edging groove around a putting green, the player may without penalty, lift the ball, clean it and place it out of the groove within 6 inches to where it lay, whether on or off the putting green, which is not nearer the hole.
- Aeration Holes: Through the Green, a ball that comes to rest in or on an aeration hole may be lifted without penalty, cleaned and dropped, as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer the hole. On the putting green, a ball that comes to rest in or on an aeration hole may be placed at the nearest spot not nearer the hole that avoids the situation.
- Stones in Bunkers: are movable obstructions. Rules 24-1 Movable obstruction applies.
- Staked Trees: If a staked tree interferes with a player's stance or swing the player must take relief without penalty in order to protect the young tree. Proceed under Rule 24-2b relief from an Immovable Obstruction.
- Distance Measuring Devices: that measure distance only are allowed for all play at Los Verdes.
- Winter Rules: Winter Rules shall be in effect when declared by the Greens Chairman. A ball may be lifted cleaned and placed within 6 inches no nearer the hole.
- Accidental Movement of a Ball on a Putting Green: When a player.s ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment. The moved ball or ball-marker must be replaced as provided in Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1.
This Local Rule applies only when the player.s ball or ball-marker lies on the putting green and any movement is accidental.
Note: If it is determined that a player.s ball on the putting green was moved as a result of wind, water or some other natural cause such as the effects of gravity, the ball must be played as it lies from its new location. A ball-marker moved in such circumstances is replaced.
2017 Rules Committee: Chris Ratay, George Bettge